FIXING SQUIRREL DAMAGE
Are you worried that squirrels may build a nest and settle down in your home? There are a few steps you can take yourself to prevent things like this from happening in the future, but there are more extensive precautions that you should contact a professional wildlife service company like Critter Control to perform for you.
- You can prepare for Critter Control’s arrival by removing any food or water sources from your property, including bird food.
Squirrels can be overwhelming when they get inside your home, especially when they start to damage things like your insulation and electrical boxes. They’ll rip up and use soft things like insulation and other household objects to pad their nest with.
- The first step Critter Control will take will be to make sure all the squirrels have been removed. If you try to implement this step on your own, there’s a possibility that a squirrel could get stuck in your wall and die, which would add to the already unpleasant smell. It’s also important that you check to make sure there are no baby squirrels.
- The next step is to fill and seal any potential points through which the squirrel could enter. Your technician will make sure the squirrels are gone from the wall.
- Clean up and repair any damage. Squirrel damage can include things like torn insulation and chewed building structure.
- Install prevention methods. You can also exclude squirrels from your property by trimming long tree branches that brush against your home.
It’s important to be prompt about squirrel damage and make sure it has not affected the integrity of your home’s structure.