Business owners and homeowners come to Lowell to start something new or settle down somewhere special. But no matter how long you’ve lived in the area, your property isn’t safe from squirrels without the help of a local, experienced wildlife partner. That’s why the trained and licensed animal experts at Critter Control® of Lowell are always ready to secure your home or business with squirrel removal, prevention, and restoration services.
3 Obvious Signs of a Squirrel Situation
How can you tell whether squirrels have started nesting in your home or business? Keep your eyes peeled for these warning signs:
- Daytime noises — Most squirrel species aren’t nocturnal, so if you hear something shuffling, scurrying, or scratching while the sun’s up, you should be able to quickly tell which critter is causing the problem.
- Torn materials and nests — Squirrels will use just about anything to build a nest that they can hide inside your property. Specifically, check for shredded newspaper and cardboard, or things they may have brought from outside, like leaves and twigs.
- Critter waste — Urine and droppings are a pretty obvious sign that you have a pest problem, but squirrels leave behind some unique signs. Their droppings are typically larger than rodents like rats and mice, and they tend to be thinner on the ends with a thick middle section.
The Real Risks of Needing Squirrel Removal
Whether you’ve confirmed your squirrel situation or not, you need to know just how serious an infestation is. Below, we’ve listed some of the most important reasons to stay away from wild squirrels.
- Squirrels contaminate your space. When squirrels build nests, leave waste, and cause trouble inside your building, they bring germs, bacteria, and mites with them wherever they go.
- Squirrels cause damage to your property. Chewing, scratching, and tearing through wires, wood, and whatever else they can find, squirrels can turn your building upside down.
- Squirrels can cost you a lot of money. Health and safety come first, but there’s no getting around the fact that squirrels can cause destruction that requires repairs and replacements.
Your Lowell Wildlife Partner
Are you ready to finally get rid of squirrels? Or are you convinced that it’s time to protect your property before they cause a problem? Whatever your pest request, the team at Critter Control® of Lowell can tackle it with humane, eco-friendly alternatives.