Once mice get into your home, it’s a frustrating process to get them out. Their small size allows them to fit into any small crack as they search for food and shelter. Invasive mice can cause serious damage to your Boston home, and they are a health risk to have around your family and pets. If you are dealing with invasive rodents in your Greater Boston area home, here are five easy ways to get rid of pesky mice.
How to Get Rid of Mice From Your Boston Home
- Maintain a clean home. Mice enter your property looking for food and can survive off the few crumbs they find on your kitchen floor. Make sure you’re frequently vacuuming your floors, wiping down your counters, and keeping a tight lid on your trash to prevent mice from coming into your home.
- Clear the outside of debris. Maintaining the outside of your home is just as important as keeping the inside clean. Removing debris and overgrown weeds helps prevent mice from hiding around the bushes on your Boston property. We also recommend placing gravel around your home to prevent mice from burrowing underneath.
- Seal off entry points. If a pencil can fit into a crack or hole, then a mouse can fit through as well. Therefore, seal all cracks, holes, and gaps on any walls, windows, or doors to create a good line of defense for your home. After all, mice are small enough to squeeze into a quarter-size-inch opening. Also, use steel wool or caulking to seal off cracks or holes because mice can gnaw through plastic, rubber, and wood.
- Set up mouse traps. The most effective way to get rid of mice is by using mouse traps; however, their effectiveness depends on their placement and the type of bait that is used. The location of the traps needs to change every two days and should be perpendicular to the wall with the trigger section facing the baseboard so that the mouse will run into the bait rather than over the trap. For the bait selection, go for chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal, or cheese, and make sure to replenish with fresh bait every two days.
- Call the professionals. Getting rid of mice in your Boston home can be difficult and risky to your health, especially if you lack the proper safety gear and experience. Rather than attempt to do it on your own, rely on the experts at Critter Control® of Boston to get rid of the mice for you.
Get Rid of Mice With Our Effective Boston Mice Removal Services
If you’re dealing with mice in your Boston home, contact the experienced pest control professionals at Critter Control® of Boston for mice removal services to get rid of mice from your property and keep them from returning. Our team of licensed and trained professionals has the necessary tools and experience to effectively evict nuisance mice from your property using safe and humane methods.